Have y’all seen this “25 Things” thing going around Facebook? I don’t quite get it, but I got tagged in one, so I did one. Want my 25 things? Here they are:
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. New Orleans is one of my most favoritist places on the face of the planet. Which is weird, because I hated it at first, but man does that place get under your skin. I would move there if I could.
2. I’m dating my best friend from freshman year, 2.5 years in April 2009!
3. I like eating with chopsticks. I have been known, on occasion, to eat things with chopsticks that were not intended to be eaten with chopsticks, like steak. And spaghetti.
4. I talk about food like 12 year-old boys talk about porn and 16-year-old boys talk about first dates the morning after in the locker room. If you tell me you went out to eat, I will very intensely question you about what you ate, if you liked it, and why. If you tell me you are going to go to a new restaurant, or really any restaurant (and this includes Applebee’s and Zoe’s), I will ask you what you are thinking about ordering and why. I don’t know why I do this. I just do. I think this is related to my compulsive watching of the Food Network and Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, as well as my occassional forays into competitive or exploratory eating shows.
5. My sister and I usually end up having a Sock Dance Party every Christmas Morning. It is not Christmas without the Sock Dance Party. The Sock Dance Party has replaced the Annual Maddie Sleeps in Whitney’s Room on Christmas Eve Party. She got tired of sleeping on the floor, what can I say?
6. I want to write a book! Not so secret, but tis a long-standing goal of mine.
7. I finally committed to a career. I shall be an English teacher.
8. I would also like to own a coffee shop/cafe/deli. I will, it seems, get three professions out of this life yet.
9. I read. A lot. And I judge people who don’t read recreationally, until I get to know them, and then I love them in spite of their lack of recreational reading.
10. I feel like less of a person for not coming from a small town.
11. I own more books than you.
12. I have un-owned more books than you.
13. I have always wanted to live on the water, but I now fear hurricanes, so a lake home will have to suffice.
14. When I finally moved into my apartment in January, I did not have to buy anything, because I had been secretly stockpiling home essentials since my senior year of high school. Shhh. Don’t tell anyone.
15. I wish I could paint. My brain and my hands do not talk. This is why I write.
16. Three goals for College 2.0: Learn to play piano. Learn more math. Finally make my damn Mexican chocolate souffle. Anyone have 8 spare ramekins?
17. I want to study abroad!
18. Places I will go in the next 5 years: London, France (just a drive-through tour), Rome, Venice, Naples, Japan. Ambitious, no?
19. I (heart) J.Crew. If I could secretly get locked into a J.Crew warehouse overnight, there would be no J.Crew left for anyone else in the world.
20. I cannot eat shrimp if I can see the faces. Legs are okay. Faces are not okay.
21. No oysters, no clams, no mussels, no scallops. Non-fish seafood must have had legs at some point and does not look like a giant booger now.
22. I like the idea of a crawfish. But it has a face! So I will eat its tail meat once it has been safely plucked from the tail by someone very far away from me.
23. I keep telling myself that I will not buy any more black dresses. How many black dresses do I own? 10+. How old is the newest one? About a week.
24. I think fruit-flavored candy is a waste of calories. It’s only chocolate for me!
25. I will be 25 in less than 6 months.